ONE + ONE = FIVE

ONE + ONE = FIVE

Monday, February 6, 2012

QUICK UPDATE ABOUT US

Quick update about us.  We're doing great. 
-I joined a gym & have proceeded to shake it in Zumba, and work my buns with the old ladies in Water Aerobics.(hey, don't dis it till you've tried it)
-The kids, therefore, have to be left in daycare during my workout and, though Chase & Izzy love it, I am riddled with guilt as I find that Gabriella has usually cried the entire time. 
-I am slowlly & steadily becoming a shopaholic
-I am finally getting to my "to read" books.  So, if you have any recommendations, throw em my way.  We all know I won't be doing much else late at night...
-The kids are doing remarkably well.  We have a nice easy routine that includes scripture study & storytime every night, which is nice because they need their extra special time. (We are currently reading The Magic Treehouse series bc I, on a whim, bought.... 42 of them. Like I said... budding shopaholic)
-I got my eyes lasered (Hence freaky photo below. I tried googling pics, and they got freakier and freakier.  This picture is all most of you can stomach.)
PS.  If any of my fellow readers are not yet on Goodread.com. get on it. Fun site for sharing book recommendations & such.

PPS. Tait says hi. 
He is doing well, staying busy & getting 3 cooked meals a day (WAY more than he got while here at home) 

3 comments:

audrey said...

hahaaa budding shopaholic.
and i'm glad you're at least going to get in some good reading time ; )))))

does tait have an address we can use?
tell him hello for meeee.

more updates. pix of the kids. doing anything and nothing and whatever. miss them : (

Tavia said...

I've been thinking of you and am glad to hear you are all doing well.

Don't worry too much about Gabby crying in the baby-sitting room. My kids have both been like that at first, but the benefits of a happy, healthy mom always outweigh a few tearful moments. I actually trained Immy to stop crying in about two weeks time by leaving a treat with the baby-sitters that they could give her as soon as she calmed down. We also played baby-sitting at home so that she could actually earn the treat while practicing the desired behavior and understood how to earn it in the real situation. Positive reinforcement can work wonders with even the oddest things! After three weeks she didn't even need the treat and just stayed calm the whole time. She was 15 months at the time, so there is always hope that it will get better sooner than you think!

We love you guys.

Liz said...

I agree, don't feel too guilty about taking time to workout. The happiness of your home is now completely dependent on you- which means you're going to need regular breaks. Gabby is ok. It's new and different, so she's adjusting. She can be uncomfortable for an hour or two, if that makes for a healthy happy mom, ready to snuggle her after a workout.

Think of it as your own little deployments from the kids. You have to do it, your family depends on it - and you or the kids may not be having the time of your lives while you're gone, but they'll love you all the more when you're back, and you're a better family after the whole experience!